Who is a bercode owner?
A Bercode holder is the owner of a special, uniquely identifiable 18-character long string of numbers: a barcode.
How does someone become a bercode owner?
- If anyone in your circle of acquaintances has a valid bercode, they can share or transfer it to you using the platform or the Bercode application. Shared, transferred bercodes are displayed in the Bercode menu, Cards and others submenu within the Bercode owner services role. You and your friends can use the bercode shared with you without restriction, but you can no longer share this bercode with others because you are not the owner of this bercode. If your friend transfers their own bercode to you (e.g. your friend has more than one bercode and does not need one), you will now own that bercode. You can share this bercode with others (up to 10 shares are allowed with 1 bercode). The bercode sharing and transfer functions can be found in the Bercode menu, Bercode shares submenu.
- The number of bercode issuers who donate bercode carrier, such as a tangible or virtual customer/member card, to their customers, for example as a for-profit company or to their members as a non-profit organization, is constantly expanding. If you are a customer, employee, member, etc. of a bercode issuer, you can use the benefits and discounts provided by the Bercode platform with the bercode you receive from them.
- More and more influencers, artists, athletes, foundations allow their fans/supporters to buy bercoded products from them. This is another way for you to become a bercode holder.
What are the benefits of being a bercode holder?
- You can take advantage of predefined benefits at designated bercode acceptance locations/merchants.
- Share your bercode with up to 10 friends to help others buy at a discount.
- You can even support noble causes with your purchases.
On what carrier can a bercode appear?
The bercodes can be displayed on any carrier, e.g., on a card, mug, key tag or T-shirt. Its graphics can be displayed on a smartphone display, but can also be printed on a plastic card or even paper. Later, the bercodes will be displayed on a cap or tote bag, etc., or virtual copies of them. For the latter, the Bercode app can be downloaded for free from the AppStore and Google Play Store.
To what extent can the bercode holder receive immediate discounts?
Bercode holders can take advantage of different levels of discount at merchants (Basic, Light, Classic, Extra, Business) for each bercode type. Light and Basic bercodes entitle you to a narrower, lower discount. Classic level bercodes offer an average of more than 10% discount. Extra and Business level bercodes - at some acceptance locations - offer double discounts.
Graphical representation of the bercode owner services role:
Click to enlarge
We recommend using the submenu items in the following logical order:
- Upload your personal data in the Account Data submenu (this allows the platform to send personalized notifications about new accepting locations)!
- Add your bercodes in the Cards and others submenu (you can also scan your Bercodes into the application)!
- In the Find acceptance point submenu, you can view the details of the acceptance points for each of your bercodes.
- In the Savings submenu, you can view the details of your previous purchases and record your new purchases.
- You can share and transfer your Bercodes in the Bercode Share submenu.
- If you are a bercoin owner, you can find information about your bercoins in the Tokens box, view the number of bercoins you own and transfer them.
- If you are a shareholder, you can find information about the shares in the Shares box, view the number of shares you own and transfer them.
- Use the other menu items according to your needs.